NecronomiCon Providence – 15-18 August 2024 – in historic Providence, Rhode Island
2024 CONVENTION PASSES will go on sale Friday, 19 January 2024!
2024 Convention Pass information
Some programming will be open to the general public for a specific ticket at a much reduced price – films can be seen for $15/day and the vendor hall costs $5 for entry for non-passholders.
Tickets to the Eldritch Ball and Sunday morning’s Cthulhu Prayer Breakfast will be on sale via the main NecronomiCon eventbrite page in July!
Walking tours – as usual, HPL walking tours will be scheduled for this year, with forthcoming link to purchasing tickets to these excellent guide-led strolls across College Hill!
*Before purchasing passes or attending NecronomiCon, please familiarize yourself with our general convention policies and see our Public Health policy below.*
Refund policy – refunds for standard general passes are available until 12 July 2024.
Registration during the convention will take place at the GRADUATE Hotel, second floor landing.
Registration is Thursday Noon – 5pm, Friday 8am – 6pm, Saturday 8am – 5pm, and Sunday 9am – 3pm
Please print out your eventbrite pass or ticket (which will be automatically emailed to you) and bring to the registration table to redeem for your badge, etc.
Some events and sites will be open to the General Public, either free or for a small entrance fee, including the movie screenings, vendor hall, and art exhibitions (info on all these will unveil over the coming months).
Please consider contributing to Community Support!
One of the core goals of the NecronomiCon Providence convention is to provide a welcoming haven for all practitioners and fans of Weird fiction, art, and academia – and, for each convention, we offer support to help folks get here, to overcome financial hurdles or less-tangible barriers to inclusion and participation. We have heard from MANY of you that you’d like to more actively participate in helping us achieve the goal of a broadly diverse, vibrant, and embracing weird community. So, we’re putting the virtual hat out and we would like to ask you all to donate what you feel comfortable. These donations will help defray admission fees and lodging and travel expenses of folks who would otherwise be unable to attend and whose participation adds important elements to the overall convention. You’ll find this donation option on the eventbright page.
We offered this in 2022 and you all helped us raise over a thousand dollars which was directly used to defray the travel and lodging costs for several great guests. Thank you!
LOOKING FOR A CHEAPER WAY TO ATTEND?
Consider joining us as a volunteer – Accepting minions now!
$160 – General Pilgrimage Pass welcomes you to the Weird Holy Land of Providence and:
- A full four-day pass to all convention talks and panels, as well as access to all art exhibits, workshops, movie screenings, gaming, and the vendor hall, during the convention.
- Our special 2024 convention “Eye of Providence / Elder Sign” enamel sigil pin
- A copy of our special collectible 2024 memento book, featuring art and stories from our special guests
- Special events such as the Eldritch Ball and Cthulhu Prayer Breakfast are available as separate ticketed events.
$300 – The vaunted SILVER KEY pass puts you through the gates of NecronomiCon Providence and:
- A full four-day pass to the convention, and all related panels, talks, gaming, workshops, vendors, and exhibits
- A ticket to the infamous Cthulhu Prayer Breakfast
- A Silver Key sigil pin – denoting your status at the convention
- A commemorative convention T-shirt (please include size in your order comments, or we will follow up with everyone individually for sizes and styles)
- A copy of our special 2024 memento book, featuring art and stories from our special guests- with specific mention of all Silver key members
- Early access to vendor hall, workshops, and other special events (though some require additional fees)
Sorry, due to the difficulties with making everyone happy and severe space limitations, we are discontinuing offering new Golden Key passes but will, instead, make available a larger number of Silver Key passes, with some special opportunities for them.
Refunds for silver key passes purchased are available until 12 June 2024, and refunds for general passes are available until 12 July 2024.
Note: In order to guarantee a more enjoyable experience for all, NecronomiCon PVD will be capped at 2,000 guests and attendees, including full and single-day passes. As always, rooms and venues have max capacities, as set by the Providence Fire Marshall, therefore certain passes cannot always guarantee admission to all general events.
*Our public health policy (updated 27 December 2023):
The latest epidemiological evidence suggests that the Covid-19 Pandemic is largely behind us, and the World Health Organization ended the emergency status in May 2023, but the virus itself certainly still poses a notable risk, especially to large gatherings. Therefore, for now, as an convention which draws folks from over twenty countries around the world, we are planning to maintaining a minimum degree of public health best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization
Here are the things we’re doing and requiring to minimize risk and maximize reward for NecronomiCon 2024:
1. By attending this event you assume the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and other publicly transmissible diseases.
2. We are strongly encouraging mask-wearing for ALL attendees, guests, and staff while indoors and, as we did in 2022, will make KN95 masks readily available. The only exceptions to this, apart from being outside, is for speakers or presenters who are distanced from their audience, or staff who need to be clearly heard and are also distanced. The only other exception will be during the very few events where eating or drinking will occur.
Masks are well-documented to be effective (though not perfect) at decreasing the spread of Covid and all its variants. Given the rate at which variants are overcoming other tactics (vaccines and testing), we feel very comfortable asking this one small thing of all our attendees – balancing what some might view as the inconvenience of masking with the far greater worry of risk of causing serious sickness and death.
3. We will provide visible stickers for folks who wish to show how comfortable they are with proximity to others.
4. We are still strongly recommending updated vaccinations for all attendees, guests, and staff – but recognize there are some valid reasons for exception to this. We also recognize that vaccines aren’t foolproof against Covid, but they still help your (and our collective) odds greatly, even if you’ve already contracted Covid and have some resulting immunity.
5. Our meeting space partners and our own staff will provide ready access to hand-sanitizer. Though they don’t provide so much protection against SARS-CoV-2, they do provide good protection against other transmissible pathogens.
6. Rapid testing is also still recommended, PCR testing all the more so. Rapids aren’t as effective, given the current variants, but we do recommend folks continue to test before traveling, as recommended by CDC/WHO and required by many travel and international agencies.
We understand that even the wearing of masks may be unacceptable for some (frankly, for reasons we can’t understand). This year, it’s an option – but one we highly encourage out of respect for all members of our small community, especially those who want to attend but are at greater risk from exposure to things like Covid. We’d rather make this a safer event and welcome you this year and in future years. Personal inconvenience is a small price to pay for public health.